Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why Kaffee Prinzessin

How did I come up with this title and what the heck does it mean? That shouldn't be too hard to figure out if you know me even a little bit. It's German for, "Coffee Princess". The title in English was not available when I began setting up this blog--so I kept the title I wanted and tried it in German. Score! Pays to know a second language.

But why does a former English teacher have the title, "Kaffee Prinzessin?" It's a nickname that was given to me while working at Starbucks. After the birth of my first child, Alexander, I decided to quit teaching for a while and stay at home. By the time Alex was 1, I was ready to get out of the house again for "fun," so I took a job at Sbux. I was a Shift-Supervisor for nearly two years and through the birth of my second child, Anna. Alas, Sbux and I weren't meant to be and I quit this past February. I did, however, take my love of coffee and kept my love of German and have merged them together for the title of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment